It is no big surprise that we are moving forward to a more digital era. Teleconferences, webcasts, blogs, Google alerts – they all lend towards what we like to call German efficiency! We can get our tasks done more thoroughly, with greater attention to detail, within shorter periods of time. Ready to jump in with us?
Tomorrow (Thursday, January 28th) the German American Chambers of Commerce will be web-casting our Annual Economic Forum from 1-3:30pm EST, in conjunction with the Representative of German Industry and Trade (RGIT).
- 1:00 pm – 2:25 pm Keynote Speech: Prof. Dr. Hans Heinrich Driftmann (live broadcast)
- 1:25 pm – 2:00 pm Webcast paused
- 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm Economists’ presentations + Roundtable Discussion (live broadcast)
The roundtable discussion will be moderated by Michael Backfisch of Handelsblatt, Germany’s leading business and financial newspaper. Top-notch speakers from Germany and the U.S. will share their viewpoints and perspective on the current economic state of German-American trade. Featured on the panel will be:
- Prof. Dr. Hans Heinrich Driftmann Chairman, German Association of Chambers of Industry and Commerce (DIHK) – Berlin, Germany; President & CEO, Peter Koelln KGaA – Elmshorn, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Joachim Scheide Head Forecasting Center and Research Economist, Kiel Institute for the World Economy – Kiel, Germany
- Matthias Schoenberg CEO, Continental Tire North America – Fort Mill, SC; Board Member, GACC South
- Klaus-Peter Statz President & CEO, Deutsche Telekom, Inc. – New York, NY
- Diane Swonk Senior Managing Director & Chief Economist, Mesirow Financial – Chicago, IL
Click here to tune in for the livestream starting at 1:00 pm. While watching live from your own computer, you can submit your questions to pieper[at]gaccom[dot]org at any time during the discussion.