The 2011 Governor’s International Awards for international business will be awarded on October 20, 2011 at the Atlanta Business Chronicle’s Atlanta World Showcase. In our German-American business community, we are lucky to know many companies, individuals and successes over the past year that are more than worthy of some recognition.
- International Deal of the Year – This award is given to Georgia companies that landed the biggest business deals of the year (from Jan. 1, 2010 to present), from acquisitions and buyouts to relocations and startups.
- International Trade Award – Recognizing companies that have made the biggest or greatest impact in Georgia (from Jan. 1, 2010 to present) through its import and/or export activities.
- Individual of the Year – This award is given to an individual that has set the bar in leading international business efforts, projects or activities, making a truly broad and lasting impact on the community.
- International Education Program – Honors the importance of education to the growth of international business in the state. Programs will be evaluated for creativity and unique applications as well as the ability to replicate them across the state. All levels of education are eligible for nomination.
- New Company of the Year – Recognizes a new Georgia company on the international business scene that is setting the pace in the community.
- Lifetime Achievement – Recognizes a significant individual who has dedicated a lifetime to fostering and growing international relationships for the community at large.
If you know of a person, company, program or deal in Georgia that is worthy of some praise, please submit your nominations here by THIS FRIDAY, August 26, 2011.
Then, feel free to join us at the Atlanta World Showcase on October 20, 2011.